- Properties within the RM are assessed by SAMA (Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency)
- Each year there are changes in assessment which requires the assessment role to be “open” and accessible to any individual to review. If you have concerns with the assessed value of your property, this is the only time that potential changes can be made.
- The Assessment Roll must be completed no later than May 1st each year. The role is open to the public from the date of completion until the last date for lodging an appeal. These dates are advertised in the local paper or contact the office for information.
- The following is the form required for lodging an appeal
- Taxes are levied on the assessed value of your property.
- Taxes in the RM of Cymri are levied in late August and a tax notice will be mailed to you, to the address we have on file.
- The RM allows for early payment discounts of
- 5% by September 30th
- 4% by October 31st
- 2% by November 30th
**discounts are available on municipal and hail taxes only. Payments must be received at the office by the set date in order to be applied.
- Taxes levied in August are considered taxes for the calendar year (January thru December) Taxes must be paid by December 31st of the year. Any taxes not paid by December 31st are considered arrears and subject to a penalty of 1% per month until paid. Arrears are also subject to tax enforcement.
- Please contact the office if you have any questions
- The RM is required to publicize their financial statements, or a summary of them, along with the auditor’s report of the financial statements by September 1st of each year. This information is included with the mailing of your tax notice.
- The following is a copy of the latest publication
- Financial Statement (will be added by approximately July 1st)